Monday, October 4, 2010

Berlalulah sudah Ramadhan, sebulan berpuasa.

 We are still in the month of Syawal. The month where Open Houses come in abundance til you don't know which one to choose and to go to but in the end, you go to all the Open Houses and eat so much til you tummy hurts. But, the after-effect is still great as you feel happy you have gathered with your friends and family. That's the most valuable feeling and nothing can ever top that.


This year's Syawal wasn't as fascinating as before. In some unexplainable way, this year's Syawal got worse than my expectations. I just feel that the nostalgic feeling of Syawal isn't there anymore. Maybe, because there wasn't any firecrackers for us to play during the eve of Hari Raya. 


But overall, the food was great just maybe the excitement wasn't there. I must be making a fool of myself if I say I am not tire during Raya this year. Because, us girls especially the young ladies were in the kitchen most of the time cutting the ketupat's and refilling the rendang tok and cutting the lemang and making the drinks and making everyone happy. I was still very much happy though I was so tired and could barely walk or even stand anymore after each day.


I guess, we don't need all the extravagant clothes, the cameraman, big open houses to feel the excitement. I think just being around our loved ones during Raya is more than enough to enlighten our Syawal.


Hope its not to late, but Happy Eid everyone :D

No comments: